Job description / Role
As the Sr. Information Security Analyst, you will be responsible to manage the SOC (24x7) team, leading technical investigations for security incidents, overseeing process improvements, and driving implementation of new capabilities. You will serve as a technical escalation resource for other SOC Analysts and provide mentoring for skill development.
A leading government organisation in Qatar with strong development and progression culture.
* Monitor external threat feeds and test their applicability for internal environments.
* Manage, and maintain vulnerability management processes and provide regular status reports.
* Closely involved in developing, tuning and implementing threat detection analytics.
* Proactively look for threats based on a thorough understanding of the environment.
* Perform penetration testing activities on the infrastructure, both external and internal.
* Hunt for Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) in the environment with information like current trends, new threats and vulnerabilities from online resources.
* Perform in-depth forensic and malware analysis.
* Identify an intrusion, analyse and compare with previously identified incidents to understand if it was an isolated intrusion or part of a larger campaign.
* Liaise with Monitoring and Incident response team to come up with advanced ways to detect previously unidentified intrusions and threats.
* Maintain external contracts for external penetration testing on regular schedules.
* Maintain external forensic call off support for escalated incidents.
* Attractive salary
* Diverse project portfolio
* Opportunity to work for an organisation, contributing to the growth and development of the Qatar
* Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering.
* 10 years of technical experience in Information Security, System Administration, or Network Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security.
* Preferably experience with large ICS & ICT environments in the Energy sector.
* Strong experience with Malware analysis, Vulnerability assessment & Penetration testing, Forensic & memory analysis, and Data analytics.
* Possession of Industry Certifications (Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CEPT), OSCE/ CHFI/ SANS Cyber Threat Hunting/ SANS GREM or equivalent SIEM/ security technologies technical certification (Advanced Level).
* Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc).
* Advanced knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc).
* Advanced knowledge of penetration techniques and forensic techniques.
* Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes.
* Experience with web content filtering technology - policy engineering and troubleshooting.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.