Job description / Role
This position is for professional with experience in electricity and water medium term and long-term demand forecasting, and electricity and water production capacity expansion planning. the holder of this position is expected to ensure effective conduct of day-to-day activities related to demand forecasting and capacity expansion planning
• Continuously update and run electricity and water capacity expansion planning models and generate expansion scenarios and demand supply balance plans
• Analyze relationship between electricity and water consumption and other factors such as population growth, GDP, industrial development, etc. to generate:
• Medium-term and long-term electricity and water peak and consumption forecast.
• Forecast back-cast
• Generate medium term and long-term demand forecast and explain variance between demand forecasts.
• Measure on a regular basis the accuracy and maintain documentation on processes of medium -term and long-term electricity and water demand forecast
• Maintain documentation on processes.
• Work with PWP team to improve forecast models.
• Work with the PWP team to automate/improve forecast and capacity expansion planning processes
• use the finally approved demand forecast to develop Supply options.
• carry out Generation/ water desalination Planning using suitable packages.
• arrange site allocations for new facilities. technology selection for additional capacity
• Provide and monitor training and development assignments for relevant Qatari staff Development.
Education and Experience:
• Must have achieved Minimum bachelor’s degree or higher major Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 7 years’ technical and business experience in the electricity industry, with direct experience of demand forecasting, electricity, and water capacity expansion planning, and in conducting economic feasibility studies
• Proficient in the English (must) and Arabic (preferred) language.
• Knowledge of Generation/water production Planning using suitable packages preferably PLEXOS
• Expert knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong modeling capability
• Dedication to achieving a goal within expected timelines.
• Ability to learn new skills as required and to work both autonomously and in a team environment
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities.
About the Company
We are Qatar’s licensed professional Human Resource Recruitment Service and Staff Outsourcing firm committed to serving our valuable clients with the highest standard of excellence and professionalism in a legal, ethical, cost-effective and timely manner. Our employment services covers all levels of professional experience and a wide range of industries and willingly assist companies of all sizes.
Thus, we are dedicated to building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates whilst living by our core values; Integrity, Excellence, Commitment & Determination, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation and Change!
At United, we take our obligations towards Quality at the same time, taking care not to conflict with those policies of our clients and the government authorities in Qatar and other countries. This ensures that provision of manpower fits in seamlessly with the operation of our clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Company In The UAE