Structural Designer Level II
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Supports adherence to accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Deliver Offshore Structural discipline specific design and drafting services that meet Worley, the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Apply recognised offshore engineering practices applicable to the Offshore Structural design engineering.
- Complete detailed designs from structural engineering sketches and specifications.
- Ability to take on responsibility for the design and drafting of Jacket & Topsides structures, including producing design sketches for junior designers.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares analyses, calculations, etc.
- Assists with recommendations and helps create final documentation.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations to support official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc.
- Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues internal authorization.
Perform Offshore Structural discipline specific design and drafting services such as:
a) identify and report changes to project scope;
b) prepare engineering drawings and documentation
- Understands design deliverables required for all project phases, and their various purposes
Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
1. personal well-being;
2. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
3. Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Minimum of 8-years project experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related Offshore Structural Design.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Trade Apprenticeship, Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma of Engineering Technology in Civil Structural discipline
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Personnel shall have the specified minimum project experience in Oil & Gas and shall be knowledgeable of the applicable Engineering codes and standards.
- Proficient in 3D modelling (E3D/S3D/PDMS) of Structures including understanding of constructability
- Extraction of 2D Draft and Production of design drawings
- Initiation of squad checks
- Generation of MTO's
- Excellent computer skills with AutoCAD, and E3D/S3D or PDMS
- Ability to create accurate design drawings from given base project information, design sketches etc.
- Computing (Excel and Word) and Graphical Presentation
- AutoCAD, and E3D/S3D or PDMS
- 3D modelling (E3D/S3D/PDMS)
- Good English communication skills (spoken & written)
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.