Job description / Role
Your tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and sea fastening
- Perform structural strength verification analyses, including advanced non-linear Finite Element Analysis, by use of software packages such as SACS and ABAQUS
- Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings)
- Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues
- Contribute to a continuous improving and learning organization by i.e. actively sharing knowledge and experiences and identifying and providing follow up to subjects for improvement.
Must meet the requirements on the job description.
- You are a team player who organizes and plans the own work and the involvement of others effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Next to this you take the different interests of different divisions of the organization and mutual relations into account of your own record. You recognize the effects and results of your own decisions or activities on other parts of the organization.
Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects
- A good understanding of offshore structural engineering
- A structural engineering background
- Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Supervisory and coaching skills to provide guidance to less experienced engineers
- The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power &Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
ETST Metal Contracting LLC
|Abu Dhabi||11 Aug|
Senior Structural Engineer
Structural Design Engineer
Shaker Consultancy Group
Civil Structural Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||19 Oct|
Structural Design Engineer