Job description / Role
The role is to work with client and design team to assemble a design specification compliant with requirements, agree its format and content, and monitor and review its preparation ensuring delivery by the due date.
To plan and oversee the construction of the project ensuring it is safe and capable of withstanding the elements which they will be exposed as well as improving the structural integrity of the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Performing complex engineering duties accurately and efficiently.
• Preparing feasibility study reports to meet brief requirements in the agreed format and review with the project leader.
• Preparing and issuing specifications, data sheets and other construction documents.
• Attending coordination meetings and work with architects and other members of the design team to develop optimum structural solutions.
• Carrying out detailed design to company and client’s regulations standard ensuring CDM, QA and technical review and sign off by project leader, including complex calculations and coordination issues.
• Reporting to the project leader and flag up any concerns regarding technical, commercial or programme issues.
• Producing and checking of calculations including QA, technical reviews and sign off.
• Coordinating project contracts documents (drawings and specifications).
• Reporting to the client any variance between the works constructed and the design intent.
• Managing simple projects, including taking on responsibility for delivery as agreed with the team leader.
• Completing all works in line with the company’s core values and in accordance with the quality system and procedures.
• Following full the document control, archiving CDM and QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued and filed in an appropriate manner.
• You have a degree qualification in structural or civil engineering.
• You have project delivery experience within the aviation sector and have been involved in the structural design, processes and management.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You have experience in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Senior Construction Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)