Structural Engineer Level I
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
You will provide structural engineering services to Worley, and its Customers.
Primary Objectives / Responsibilities
- Supports adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports the processes for checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Ensure recognised onshore & offshore engineering practices applicable to Civil Structural design engineering are adopted.
- Prepares design specifications for Civil Structural works. Prepare the production of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Ensures that the documentation for the design remains accurate and current during the development of the design.
- Design and prepare civil drawings and documents for building services drawings, such as: electrification, lighting, plumbing, and flooring, schedule of doors and windows, furniture and fixture details.
- Knows the discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, squad checking, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Provide technical support within the discipline team, liaise with the project team, and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Coordinate review and approval of design and interfaces on client requirements and specifications
- Conduct studies, analyses and recommend actions.
- Identifies opportunities to solve problems through applying engineering knowledge
- Identifies professional risks, statutory responsibilities and liabilities.
- Ensures that the supporting documentation required to implement the design is accurate, concise, complete and clear
- Prepares MTOs and BOQs
- Prepares Scope of Work and technical specification for civil construction subcontracts.
- Prepares technical documentation for civil material requisition.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations through official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc
- Work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Competent in implementing HSE in the design process, focuses on process safety and strives to use best practice.
Industry Specific Experience :
- Minimum 8 years Civil Structural engineering experience in oil and gas for offshore and onshore projects
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
- Good knowledge of civil design on structures such as bridges, pumping stations and low-rise buildings and basements.
- Prior experience with marine and port infrastructure such as quay walls, jetties, dolphins and pavements would be preferred.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- StaadPro, Sap 2000, Etabs, Safe, Autocad and others
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
1. personal well-being;
2. healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
3. Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.