Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Structures Inspector is assigned to various phases of the structural work with an important part in assuring the quality of work in the finished project. He/she will be completely familiar with plans, specifications, and construction methods for the phases of the work to which he/she has been assigned. He/she will perform his/her duties to ensure that all performed works are as per the contract, the specifications and the project’s requirements. If he/she does not understand any item which he/she is responsible for or if he/she has a doubt, he/she shall ask his/her superiors ARE, RE for Structures or the SRE.
• Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, and sign at the end of each day.
• Interface with the public and stakeholders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
• Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the Materials Inspectors and other disciplines to arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the location and elevations of work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the ARE (Structures), RE (Structures) or the SRE.
• Report to the ARE or Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications.
• Process the Inspection Requests and maintain records of their status.
• Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor in case the work is performed on a Day Works basis.
• Make a special note, record and document in details all activities by the contractor that may lead to claims.
• Enforce performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved safety plan and safety standards.
• Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Diploma in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) with minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of structures supervision/inspection on a major road, highway projects including interchange structures, retaining walls and associated works.
• He/she must possess the ability to read working drawings and related specifications, and capable of enforcing such specifications.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the project team.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Ras Al Khaimah||6 May|