Job description / Role
• To create a follow-up system for day-to-day operations regarding students wellbeing.
• To create a compassionate, caring and safe environment for children, their families and PYP staff.
• To maintain uncompromising respect for the dignity, confidentiality, and diversity of children, program participants, families and PYP staff.
• To work with relevant internal and external services regarding student welfare to ensure effective and holistic service delivery.
• To ensure that publicity and information about student wellbeing are readily accessible to staff, parents and students.
• To ensure appropriate students and event records are kept (Unit Letters-Social Media).
• Maintain a physical and educational environment that conforms to local and international standards for childcare and operate the school to provide for the safety, well-being and emotional growth and development of all students.
• Manages student supervision issues and enforce school behavioral expectations.
• Counsels students and parents about school policies regarding students’ behavior and wellbeing.
• Works with and supports teachers around classroom management strategies.
• Serves as a resource to staff in dealing with classroom management issues.
• Works closely with the counselors to ensure the wellbeing of students and assists students in establishing high standards of conduct.
• Communicates with parents regarding students’ behavior and wellbeing.
• Supports and regularly check-in with students regarding behavioral and social issues
• Implement the behavioral policy/ Restoration policy.
• In coordination with the facilities and grounds supervisor, ensures that all facilities including cafeteria and buses are meeting the safety requirements in the building.
• Coordinates and supervises students’ activities including field trips.
• To support staff who are dealing with students with particularly complex cases, and where appropriate to provide advice and guidance directly to these students.
• To assure, through data gathering and research, the quality of the student advice and wellbeing services and to identify areas for development and innovation of service.
• To be responsible for ensuring that appropriate action is taken in emergency or crises such as student death, illness or any other serious incident affecting individual students or a group.
• To supervise the health and safety committee and make sure all the records are up to date.
• To be the lead person (focal person) for all external assessments and testing (MAP)
• Keep track and updates of external assessments, collect and analyze data.
• Organize duties for all members of staff (PYP)
• Follow up on AIA’s monthly newsletters
• Sort out student’s books and copy books and share updates
• Assist in the process of sorting out the needed documentation for a school visit
• Follow up with teachers on the Discipline policy
• Carry out any other tasks of a similar nature as directed by the primary principal.
• Advanced levels of written and spoken English/Arabic
• Enthusiasm and aptitude for working
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Minimum of three years’ experience in school teaching and/ or administration
• Good team player, able to work well as part of a team
About the Company
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 with the goal of establishing a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme. It is also a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Feb|
English Language Teacher
Arab International Academy (AIA)
Teacher - Foundation, Primary and Secondary
Arab International Academy (AIA)
Lecturer in Business Admin - Management