Job description / Role
- Manages first line staff within the same section to meet short and medium term objectives.
- To provide Supervisory support and oversee operations of Fishery and Seafood Section under Fresh Food Department.
- When needed this position assist and oversee operations of other sections such as Fruits & Vegetables and Butchery when section manager or supervisor is on leave.
- The job involves also training and orientation of staff and ensuring compliance with the policy and health and safety guidelines of the store.
- Performs many functions as well in achieving productivity.
- Establish close relationship with key customers, especially with hoteliers, restaurants and VIP customers.
- Act as the high level contact with key clients, and become their trusted consultant and advisor for Fishery & Sea Food related products.
- Create new value for clients to meet their unexpressed needs through innovative approaches such as Cross selling, marketing or new products and display.
- Develop good relationship with senior and midlevel management of suppliers for cost negotiations and on time delivery of Fish & Sea Food.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed
- Direct and supervise stockers engaged in sales, inventory-taking, performing service for customers
- Conduct monthly inventory counts for the section
- Report merchandise discrepancies, disposals based on inventory, profit and loss to the department head
- Delegate work activities to 3rd party employees such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays
- Keep records of purchases and sales
- Monitor sales activities daily turnover
- Ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods
- Lead and implement policies, goals, objectives and procedures of the section.
- Purchasing of Fish & Sea Food as required to store from various suppliers
- Oversee the daily operations in the Fishery & Sea Food department
- Ensure safety rules, production and sanitation standards are met.
- Resolve and reconcile Purchase Order related issues
- Follow-up customer concerns/ complaints and examine discrepancy reports.
- When required, oversee the daily operations of other sections' under fresh food department
- Graduate in Degree Retail or Hospitality
- Have a strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills required with knowledge in MS Word, Excel and GOLD retail system
- Language Speaking: (English, French and Basic Arabic).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in retail or hospitality in supervising role
- Ability to delegate, supervise and evaluate workings of subordinates
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.