Job description / Role
- Provide Supervisory support and oversee operations of Grocery Sweet department.
- When needed this position would have to oversee operations of other sections under food department when section manager or supervisor is on leave.
- The job involves also training and orientation of staff and ensuring compliance with the policy and health and safety guidelines of the store.
- Performs many functions as well in achieving productivity.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed
- Direct and supervise stockers engaged in sales, inventory-taking, performing service for customers
- Conduct monthly inventory counts for the section
- Report merchandise discrepancies, disposals based on inventory, profit and loss to the department head
- Delegate work activities to 3rd party employees such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays
- Keep records of purchases and sales
- Monitor sales activities daily turnover
- Ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods
- Lead and implement policies, goals, objectives and procedures of the section.
- Purchasing of Grocery Sweet products as required to store from various suppliers
- Oversee the daily operations in the Grocery Sweet section
- Ensure safety rules, production and sanitation standards are met.
- Resolve and reconcile Purchase Order related issues
- Follow-up customer concerns/ complaints and examine discrepancy reports.
- When required, oversee the daily operations of other sections' under food department
- Conduct competitor survey every month related to Grocery Sweet with competitors and report the findings to the department head to decide on better product range, pricing mark-ups and in identifying new suppliers
- Conduct market research on new Grocery Sweet products sold in other parts world and identify suppliers or methods of sourcing the products
- Graduate with Degree in Retail or Hospitality
- Have strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills required with knowledge in MS Word, Excel and GOLD retail system
- Language Speaking: (English, French and Basic Arabic).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in retail or hospitality in supervising role
- Ability to delegate, supervise and evaluate workings of subordinates
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies