Job description / Role
Responsible for the day to day management of the logistics function, ensuring cost effectiveness and timely management. To provide administrative support services and ensure consistency and transparency with the utmost level of accountability, due diligence and in compliance with company policies and procedure.
• Maintain and administer company inventory control and properly management procedure
• Office space allocation / arrangement throughout QD premises based on the dept. structure
• Coordinate accountability of property and report maintenance requirements
• Develop pertinent schedule, report and conduct recurring inventories of supplies and property
• Investigate inventory divergence, resolve issue and update database to replicate properly movement
• Review work instructions to ensure accuracy and delivery on time
• Analyse the demand for suppliers and forecast future needs
• Assist with the department budget preparation plan
• Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay
• Work to improve the logistic process by negotiating with suppliers and customer, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps and creating innovative solutions for logistical issue.
• Work to improve the logistics process by negotiating with supplies and customers, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps and creating innovative solutions for logistical issue.
• Ensure that the most cost effective timely manner logistics method is implanted to optimize the overall costs.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes, service entitlement verification and problem and incident escalation
• To be updated on new trends, make recommendations regarding new products and services that can benefit the organization
• Ensure effective utilization of office premises and furniture
• Identity opportunities and offer recommendations to implement solution in order to improve logistics operations and timely response to various internal teams
• Provide courteous professional services and work collaboratively across all departments
• Effectively manage the staffing (GS + Subcontractors) resources
• Ensure appropriate supervision on contractors staff with a focus on service delivery and excellence
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a comparable degree with additional related logistics management in a plus.
• 2-4+ years of experience in a logistics / office management role.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of MS office Software: outlook, word and excel
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
General Services Specialist
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Astrolabe Capital LLC
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)