Job description / Role
Job Title: Surgical Neurophysiologist
Department: Children's CMG
The Surgical Neurophysiologist performs all tasks associated with intraoperative monitoring, including but not limited to obtaining monitorable SSEPs, TcMEPs, triggered and spontaneous EMG, ABRs, D-waves, Cranial Nerve responses, ECoG, Phase Reversal, Cortical and Brainstem Mapping and VEPs. S/he conducts pre-operative neurological exams, gathers relevant patient history, plans the appropriate monitoring modality, discusses the intraoperative monitoring plan with the surgeon and anesthesiologist, obtains preoperative baseline recordings, troubleshoots technological complications and communicates intraoperative changes to the Surgeon and supervising Neurologist. The incumbent obtains technologically competent recordings according to best practices, while being sensitive to the demands of working in a pediatric surgical environment. The incumbent is responsible to manage and maintain all Intraoperative Monitoring records, reviews and developing educational programs for team based upon skill sets.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Ensures all IOM equipment is working and properly maintained
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/ or reduction of supply inventory
- Manages and maintains or all IOM records
- Obtains high quality monitorable IOM studies for analysis.
- Performs varied and complex IOM modalities and analysis according to surgeon orders
- Communicates and works effectively with anesthesiologists to maximize patient care
- Reports all relevant information to surgeon and neurologist.
- Uses skilled interactions with pediatric patients and families to ensure accurate recording of patient history is captured.
- Utilizes evidence-based standards and solutions in performing patient care and applies problem solving techniques
- Recognizes and analyzes electrical responses of the eyes, ears, peripheral nerves, and the brain to various stimuli
- Operates, calibrates, maintains, and makes minor adjustments and repairs to all neurophysiologic testing and monitoring equipment.
- Recognizes and evaluates artifacts and spurious readings in data; takes appropriate steps to remove them and eliminate their causes.
- Utilizes and investigates cases using advanced neurophysiologic modalities, such as evoked potentials, electroencephalograms, electrophysiological monitoring, and nerve condition studies, during surgical interventions, under supervision of licensed medical providers.
- Works directly with assigned inpatients and outpatients of all ages to ensure quality service is provided.
- Considers safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in planning patient care
- Assists in competency assessment and education of the IOM Technologists
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care
- Mentors and provides training as well as clinical and technical direction to the team, when required.
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice
- Utilizes patient care processes and clinical information systems to ensure standardized patient care.
- Maintains technical skills and collaborates with clinical educators.
- Participates in Sidra commissioning activities as required.
- Follows all organizational policies and procedures
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra's Values
Excellent, tax-free remuneration and benefits The salary and benefits on offer at our client hospital are very generous and are free from any income tax in Qatar.
- Healthcare and dental insurance.
- Company provided accommodation or Housing Allowance.
- Company provided transport or transportation allowance.
- Paid private school education for children.
- Other financial rewards (e.g. performance bonuses, end-of service gratuity).
- Generous paid vacation time and public holidays.
- Annual airfare allowance.
- Mobilization and repatriation airfares.
- Continuing professional development.
Bachelor's Degree in Neurophysiology from an accredited internationally recognized program.
- 5+ year's progressive experience in IOM or related field.
- Evidence of ongoing continuing education.
- Experience with clinical Information systems.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.