Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client operates out of the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a System Interface Manager with strong rail experience to join their team in Qatar.
• Monitoring the compliance of applicable standards and the communication of technical information across the project
• Verifying and ascertaining that all the policies within your field of responsibility are in accordance with the standards and guidelines set by the company and Qatari government
• Managing contracts with the subcontractors for all works, such as: civil works, track works, E&M sub-systems, signalling, rolling stock, power supply, etc., ensuring they are completed to schedule and to a high standard
• Ensuring the timely implementation and commissioning of rail systems, including the necessary planning and approvals
• Overseeing the documentation of all the project’s relevant processes, all incoming and outgoing correspondence, document submittals, etc.
• Reviewing all system-to-system interfaces and integration, and ensuring that the interfaces and integration requirements are clearly defined and fully incorporated into the design, and are fulfilled during the design, construction, installation, and testing & commissioning stages
• Managing the risk and value estimations for the project
• Assisting the Independent Safety Assessor where necessary
• Bachelor degree qualification in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical degree
• At least 15 years’ experience within the railway industry working for large consultancies or end clients, with at least 5 years’ experience in project management
• Strong technical knowledge of railway systems: signalling, rolling stock, civil works, track works, power supply, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including stakeholder management, team building, and communication skills
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.