Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You'll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
- Responsible for developing unified policies & procedures for finance for government Entities.
- Assist in improving the revenues generated in the State of Qatar.
- Developing and assist in enhancing Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Organize the meetings with governmental and semi-governmental organizations in the State of Qatar;
- Gather data and understand the organization's needs;
- Categorize the different types of revenues;
- Analyze the cost of each service;
- Do the benchmarking with countries in the region and developed countries;
- Implement the new changes in fees for existing services;
- Calculate the new fees that could be generated;
- Advise on accounting treatment from cash to accruals;
- Revise the statutory legislation and regulations based on the new fees structure;
- Develop policies that matches all organizations in the State of Qatar;
- Ensure all non-value-added steps are eliminated from the procedures;
- Develop flowcharts for the procedures; and
- Suggest customized procedures & policies for certain organizations where applicable.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with a recognized firm;
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Professional qualification in finance is preferred (i.e. CFA, CMA, ACCA, CPA etc.);
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation in the State of Qatar;
- Expertise in AP, AR, GL, Budget, Treasury and PPE;
- Previous working experience in the Gulf region in the governmental sector;
- Computer skills including proficiency in spreadsheet, flow chart and PowerPoint;
- Highly numerate, with developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data;
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with crises and difficult situations; and
- Mastery of written and spoken English and Arabic.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.