Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll - JDE Functional Senior Associate - Doha
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Tax Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised tax solutions and tax accounting advice based on their niche and business need. You'll support the team with deferred tax validation projects, remediation and restatement, tax basis balance sheets and financial statement carve out preparation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A Minimum of 5 years of JD Edward's functional experience.
- Computer skills including proficiency in common word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs.
- Must have excellent skills in accounting and financial software.
- Job-related experience in continuous improvement and operational support required.
- To support and control ERP Functional modules. Support all financial modules of the ERP JDE.
- Provide expertise in all the finance modules and functionalities of the ERP.
- Configure applications to support business requirements.
- Communicate face to face and over the phone with end users in gathering user requirements, walking them through designed solutions and supporting them in testing custom JDE applications.
- Adhere to best practices for ERP and related systems configuration/setup.
- Adhere to all established development, configuration, testing, and change control policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with business, IT, stakeholders and consultant teams to analyze requirements, propose, and execute solutions.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and project management skills required.
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
October 31, 2020
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.