Job description / Role
Tax & Legal Services - Tax - International Tax Services / M&A Tax - Senior Manager
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
A career within International Tax Services will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You'll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.
Our International Tax Services Generalist - Practice Support team advises PwC on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You'll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
You will be involved in inbound tax matters as well as M&A transactions and company formations. A detailed description of the type of work is as follows:
- Advising clients on the choice of vehicles to undertake business pursuant to Qatar's laws and regulations as well as assisting clients to set up their businesses in Qatar (e.g. formation of companies).
- Drafting and reviewing documents and agreements (e.g. articles of association, shareholders' agreements, service agreements) and dealing with the relevant ministries.
- Advising multinational clients to structure their investments and operations in Qatar and the wider Middle East region in a tax efficient manner.
- Advising large Qatari and GCC clients (including sovereign wealth funds) on the tax efficient structuring of their global investments (e.g. private equity, real estate, infrastructure, listed securities etc) across multiple territories.
- M&A work including tax due diligence, tax efficient structuring of acquisitions (e.g. shares v assets, holding structures etc) and input into SPA and includes both inbound into the region as well as outbound acquisitions by strategic Qatari clients.
- Our clients include a number of Shariah compliant banks so there is opportunity to be involved in Islamic Finance work as well
- A good understanding of international tax issues (e.g. holding structures, double tax treaties, permanent establishment issues, withholding taxes, taxation systems of other countries etc)
- Good understanding of M&A practices, including, consulting multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships with respect to the tax aspects of planning, structuring and executing transactions of all sizes; analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits; and advising clients on tax-efficient restructurings, divestitures, spin-offs, due diligence and strategy formulation.
- Strong technical and report writing skills - including the ability to interpret legislation and by-laws and review and draft agreements
- Excellent project management skills - including managing multiple projects simultaneously across a number of jurisdictions as well as management of resources, budget, billing, collection
- Fluency in written and spoken English (fluency in Arabic is also preferred but not essential)
- Coaching, developing, mentoring and training junior staff
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting required. Master of Science in Taxation, or Master of Law degree in Taxation preferred.
- Experience in identifying and addressing client needs
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships
- Considerable experience as a team leader
- Good business writing and Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Writing, reporting and presentation skills are essential, as well as management, coordination, coaching and business development Skills
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.