TBS (Transportation Bus System) Project Director
A Leading Trading Industrial Group in Qatar
Job description / Role
• Overall responsibility for project leadership, direction and success
• Provides strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
• Oversees the selection and training of qualified program staff, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective supervision, and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
• Establish protocols, processes and procedures to be utilized for overall planning and scheduling function for the assurance of the project progresses in accordance to its contractual obligations and complies with donor regulations and internal organizational policies
• Provides oversight of program implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance.
• Ensures the project produces the specified results in the annual work plan(s) to the required standard of quality and within the timeline and budget parameters
• Oversees budget monitoring.
• Conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverable and obligations.
• Ensures that the project progresses in accordance to its contractual obligations and complies with donor regulations and internal organizational policies
• The respondents should have a proven track record in delivery quality transport planning and operational management for world-class international major.
• At least 15 years of experience in planning and delivery of major international sporting event transportation programs, of the magnitude of Olympic and Paralympic Summer Games, Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, FIFA Work Cup Men, FIFA Work Cup Women, Asian Games, Asian Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, Formula 1 Grand Prix, Commonwealth Games or similar events
• Delivery of a minimum of 10 of the above caliber projects over a 15 year span.
• Delivered a minimum of 5 of the above caliber of event Transportation project operation in the MENA Region
• Successful delivery of major transport plans and management of transportation operations in the State of Qatar delivering 750 buses and coaches at peak
• Delivered transportation project operation, in country in excess of 1,000 drivers and managers over a calendar month’s duration.
• Designed and operated multiple secure transportation depots in country each with a minimum of 350 buses or coaches.
• Proven experience of building large multicultural planning and delivery teams for a minimum of 10 of the above caliber events
• Successful experience delivering staff/driver training programs to teams in excess of 1,000 drivers and staff
• Proven experience delivering transport plans and operational delivery for highly secure events.
• Project management experience including planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of transportation systems
• Experience of leading and managing a large bus scheduling team
• The ability to handle and maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information is essential
About the Company
A leading Trading Industrial group in Qatar.