Job description / Role
An opportunity to work for my client whom is a local grade "A" main contractor in Doha, Qatar.
• Post contract/project execution of ID/Fit-out projects (high rise buildings) in contracting/construction firms. Preference will be given to Qatar Experienced candidates.
• Obtain Engineering/Technical Approvals such as Material Submittals, Shop Drawings and As-Built documents.
• Guide the Contractor’s project team (including subcontractors) in Engineering matters, Coordinate with the consultants and Clients for material proposals, finalisation and sign-off in a cost effective manner. Attend project meetings, technical workshops, mock-up inspections at site for the same.
• Identify and resolve technical issues in time in the project contract documents such as Project Specification, Design and Construction Drawings, Tender Clarifications etc.
• Onsite resolution of technical/construction clashes related to Civil & MEPD items in coordination with the Client, Consultants and Subcontractors.
• Lead and manage a group of Architects, Draughtsman and other Engineering staff of the contractor. Regular coordination with Project execution staff including Construction Managers, Project Engineers and QA/QC staff.
• Support the Project Handover process through Snagging, Authority Approvals etc.
• Engineering/ Technical Manger (1 No)
• Experience: 15 Years
• Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture
• Reporting to: Project Manger
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.