Job description / Role
• Ensure timely and accurate Architectural design work on sites by coordinating, monitoring and managing design / supervision consultants through the discipline design team.
• Liaise with client to ensure complete satisfaction on design related aspects of the project on site.
• Establish design work delivery and monitoring program for site.
• Actively participate in Design/Supervision Consultant(s) selection and contracting.
• Monitor work of Discipline Design Engineers and Design Consultants to ensure design correctness and completeness as well as scope compliance.
• Maintain record of Design Consultant(s) submittals and control in a timely manner the submittals/correspondence received.
• Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession requests submitted by the Design Consultant(s) for client's approval.
• Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted by Design Consultant(s) and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
• Coordinate with home office for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of design aspects.
• Review and report to client all monthly reports submitted by Design Consultant including areas of concern and recommended plans of actions.
• Facilitate meetings with Design Consultant(s), Sub-consultants and client to review design document and take decisions as required.
• Propose alternative materials/systems to improve the design operation and construction cost through value engineering workshops.
• Review consultant / contractor work progress for contract payments.
• Set up discipline design team onsite with the help of Project Manager and Project Director.
• Manage and control team to ensure appropriately monitoring of the work of Design Consultants and of Contractors in construction stage.
• Carry out goal setting and appraisals for team members.
• Conduct skills development and awareness workshops for team as needed.
• Ensure compliance with HSE and other policies by team members.
• Coordinate with Program Manager Design to ensure knowledge of policy, procedures and tools for managing site design work.
• Ensure compliance to QPM processes for design consultants work review, deviation monitoring and analysis and remedial actions.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, filing of design documents and reporting to appropriate stakeholders.
• Coordinate closely with Project Manager and Site engineers to get all site design work reviewed and approved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information in the organization on a real time basis.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
• Maintain client liaison throughout the project to ensure client satisfaction with design work progress.
• Advise client on design issues and remedial actions in case of deviations.
• Establish professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Meet clients to obtain feedback on design work on site and make appropriate improvements to the same.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools, templates and best practices in project management in relation to design engineering.
• Adapt and adopt good practices for continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an MME recognised University (must have been a full time course which you attended at a campus on a full time basis)
• MME Registration in hand
• 15+ years post graduate experience
• Experience working on 5* hotel projects (Consultancy employed is ideal)
• Fit out phase of works experience is needed
• Candidate must be in Qatar currently and have completed 1+ years with their current sponsor
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Technical Engineering Manager
Technical Development Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Project and Facilities Manager
Ali Bin Ali Group
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|