Job description / Role
• Coordinate site to ensure timely and accurate management of Design work for assigned client projects
• Establish design work delivery and monitoring program for site.
• Actively participate in design selection and contracting.
• Monitor work of design engineers to ensure design correctness and completeness as well as scope compliance.
• Maintain record of submittals and control in a timely manner the submittals/correspondence received.
• Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession requests submitted for client's approval.
• Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
• Coordinate with team for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of design aspects.
• Review and report to client all monthly reports submitted by including areas of concern and recommended plans of actions.
• Facilitate meetings with team and client to review design document and take decisions as required.
• Propose alternative materials/systems to improve the design operation and construction cost through value engineering workshops.
• Set up, lead and manage design team on site:
• Set up discipline design team onsite with the help of Project Manager and Senior Project Manager.
• Manage and control team to ensure appropriately monitoring of the work in construction stage.
• Ensure compliance with HSE and other policies by team members.
• Ensure compliance to processes for designers work review, deviation monitoring and analysis and remedial actions.
• Ensure timely and accurate documentation, filing of design documents and reporting to appropriate stakeholders.
• Coordinate closely with Project Manager and Site engineers to get all site design work reviewed and approved.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work-related data for day-to-day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information in the organization on a real time basis.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality.
• Manage client relationship throughout all stages of the project
• Maintain client liaison throughout the project to ensure client satisfaction with design work progress.
• Advise client on design issues and remedial actions in case of deviations.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices and apply the same for continuous improvements.
• Establish professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Meet clients to obtain feedback on design work on site and make appropriate improvements to the same.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools, templates and best practices in project management in relation to design engineering.
• Adapt and adopt good practices for continuous improvement.
• A professional individual with a cooperative attitude, even when under pressure.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
• Minimum 10 Years’ relevant experience in ID Fit-Out based construction industry
• Experience in generating and reviewing detailed shop drawings and material submittals.
• Strong multitasking abilities, strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
• Confident and clear communication skills (Oral & Written)
• A flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills.
• Commercially minded and able to identify improvements
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
About the Company
1000 Walls Interiors & Decoration is an Interior Design and Fit-out solutions provider which specializes in delivery of high-end luxury spaces and customized interior solutions. Our team carries extensive experience in Hospitality, Retail and Commercial sector with a focus into design, delivery and installation. We offer complete turn-key project management and delivery, relying on our vast network of local and international suppliers as well as our in-house building teams, which specialize in all aspects of project cycle, from design, MEP and structural steel works to joinery, partitions, gypsum works, FF&E delivery & installation, and bespoke finishes. We engage and have executed projects for all sectors of interior design and fit-out field - government and semi-government, retail, commercial, entertainment, food & beverage, hospitality and private residences. We comply with the highest international standards in quality of work, health & safety and environmental protection, and are certified as Grade-A general contractor.
Specialties: Design, Interior Fit-out, Civil Works, MEP Works, Structural Steel and Metal works, Upholstery, Glass Works, Procurement and Project Management.
Civil Project Manager
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
Project Manager - Construction
A Leading Engineering Consulting Company in UAE