Job description / Role
- Technical Sales Manager – EPC Contractor (Oil & Gas)
- Doha, Qatar
- QR30-35k Package
Digby Morris’ client was founded in the 1970s, and has grown to become one of the largest specialized industrial services company in the State of Qatar employing nearly 4000 staff. ISO 9001:2008 certified, they have a diversified range of business in Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals, Power, Pressure Equipment Manufacture, Repair, Maintenance and other industrial services including Heavy Engineering works.
The business is involved in EPC construction of Piping and associated interconnecting piping works, EPC construction of Storage tanks (API 650,620 & AWWA), Engineering, Manufacturing & Supply of Major Pressure Vessels, Columns, Boilers and Process Equipment in strict conformance with stringent International Codes & Standards.
The company offers the following services:
- EPC Projects (Engineering, Procurement & Construction).
- Construction (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Instrumentation).
- Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start up Services.
- Maintenance (Asset Management, Shutdowns & Technical support)
- Medium and Heavy Steel Fabrication
- Owing to restructuring, an exciting opportunity exists for a Technical Sales Manager to assume day to day responsibility for running of the operation.
- The primary role of the Sales Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients, this role has to aggressively source and secure new accounts/business.
- Responsible and accountable for developing and executing business strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the strategic plans
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Plan customer engagement strategies and work with identified management team to develop proposals that address client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services our company can provide, and of our competitors.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Participate in pricing and tender adjudication with senior management and project management team.
- Review and meet budgeted set sales targets and ensure all business transactions meet P&L objectives.
- Evaluate regional external marketing events to participate to maximize client influence and our strategy while staying within budget.
- Understand company strategies direction in order to develop and execute these strategies to achieve short and long term revenue growth and profitability in consultation with the senior management.
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services and distribution channels.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of working with large multi-site and multi-national companies to deliver skills solutions, contributing to budget delivery and growing the business in line with projected growth.
- Experience of leading a sales team, with proven results of successfully implementing contracts.
- Years of Experience required 12 years minimum, at least 5 year in Qatar should have strong knowledge in Qatar market and Qatar driving license is mandatory.
- Experience to deal major clients in Qatar and good knowledge of approval procedures and standards. (Kahramaa, Ashghal, Qatar Petroleum, Qatar Gas etc).
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical) preferred and/or 5 years of experience in B2B sales (strong preference given for oil and gas industry experience).
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficient
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders