Job description / Role
Chief Data & Asset Analyst / Data & Asset Analyst for Grid Asset Performance Management Program.
- Minimum 10 years' experience, extensive past experience in MV equipment diagnostics testing, and diagnostics results analysis
- Sound knowledge of International standards.
- Sound technical knowledge of Distribution Substations equipment
- Sound knowledge of Condition Monitoring techniques like Oil Analysis, IR Thermography and Partial Discharge measurement
- Should be able to independently evaluate the health of Distribution Substation equipment and provide recommendation.
- Sound knowledge of risk analysis, criticality index and asset management system.
- Should be experience to handle the CBAM (Condition Based Asset Management) software
- Proficiency in CBAM and to develop suitable CBAM methodology
- PAS55 & ISO 55000
- Receive and evaluate all technical inputs / reports from the contractor's project team
- Responsible for evaluating the asset condition based on the field data, historical records, equipment design, specification and performance, operational issues, aging etc.
- Must have sound competency in condition based risk management, maintenance and asset management philosophies of utility companies.
- Define Asset Condition with various indices of all Medium Voltage & Low Voltage Assets
- Link Current Condition to Performance
- Estimate future condition, performance and remaining life
- Evaluate consequences of failures in various categories such as safety, network performance, environmental, financial etc.
- Quantify risks for each asset class
- Prioritization & Ranking of Assets:
• Ranking on failure probability and condition of the asset
• Ranking on importance of asset & impact
• Ranking on risk (probability x impact)
- Use and review of CBAM software for correct modelling
- Suggest Remedial Measures
- Analyze site data related to Partial discharge, Infrared Thermography, visual inspections, Transformers oil Analysis
- Oil analysis report understanding and interpretation based on applicable IEC, IEEE and ASTM standards
- Prepare and review reports, defend the conclusions made in the reports for the assigned assets health indices.
- Review reports and analyze the abnormal cases and suggest remedial measures of short and long term
- Able to scan/skim/mould large assets data in presentable form and present management as well as expert level views of data for easy decision making
- Responsible for data quality from site to the final reporting
- Attend monthly presentation and data review meetings with client
- Success will be measured based on the assets saved from failures, minimum or no errors in assets condition data
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA), forensic and failure investigation for equipment failures especially for the failures that happen after carrying out condition monitoring
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering Specialization in Power, Masters is preferred.
- Well versed with the MS Office applications, CBAM software architecture and other applications used for the project
- Infrared thermography Level-1 training certification (Level-2 preferred) from recognized equipment OEMs or training providers having expertise in the applicable field
- Partial discharge training certification from recognized equipment OEMs or training providers having expertise in the applicable field
- Training Certification from internationally recognized Oil analysis laboratory for Transformers oil analysis
- Training/certification on Asset Management (Assets management) from internationally recognized firms having experience in the same field
- Expert in diagnosis and evaluate asset condition based on the data available (Partial Discharge, Infrared Thermography, Oil Analysis etc)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.