Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
To maintain furniture and other elements of carpentry repair works in guest room, meeting rooms and all public areas including back of the house, to achieve highest standard of guest satisfaction.
Example of Duties
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Snagging and de-snagging.
- Supporting other department team member in case something is needed related to carpentry works.
- Ensures the application and the execution of a good preventive maintenance program for related equipment and machineries.
Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Accor rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager."
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs a variety of rough and finish carpentry work.
- Performs skilled mill and cabinet work involving construction, finishing, and repairing of buildings, doors, celling, furniture and other building related items.
- Refinishes furniture.
- Builds forms, operates planers, shapers, jointers, lathes, handsaws, and other woodworking machinery.
- Stain-grade, trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters etc.
- Repair and replace items such as furniture, wall coverings, acoustical ceiling panels, gypsum board, masonry or any other miscellaneous tasks such as wooden polishing etc.
- Assemble, disassemble and repair hydraulic locking arms, locks, boards, doors, furniture, wooden shelves.
- Installs coating montages on doors, frames and desks.
- Read blueprints, mathematical and analytical skills are necessary to do material estimates.
- Maintains tools and machinery in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Estimates costs and orders materials needed.
- May be required to work in other trade areas on a temporary basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury.
- Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift in charge.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Emergencies - To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Emergency plan.
- To complete the personal daily job record, time book accurately, and keep ready for inspection
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
Qualification Standards Education
Technical schooling in the art of carpentry or Completed High school with equivalent experience in carpentry.
5 years' experience working in hotel / resort / hospitality settings
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.