Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Technician - Mechanical
DEPARTMENT: Valve Section
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Valve Supervisor
To assume the responsibility under minimal supervision to disassemble, clean, maintain, overhaul, repair, reassemble and test a wide range of mechanical valves and PRV’s.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Visual inspection and examination of the product on arrival and record any initial findings.
• Disassemble the product and document any damage, corrosion or wear on approved fault analysis report.
• Submit and review the analysis report with the workshop supervisor to determine the work schedule.
• Regular progress updates and report any new findings or issues that may impact on completion date.
• Reassemble and test in accordance with all approved work and test procedures
• Ensure that all work activities are carried out in an efficient, professional and tidy manner.
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness
• Ensure that all work is completed and inspected as per the approved work procedures.
• Ensure that all job related paperwork and technical reports are accurately completed and submitted.
• Comply with all company QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business.
• Maybe required to work off site in support of business activities.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline ideally with forklift certification. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in an internationally recognised service company and working knowledge in valve overhaul and repair procedures.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of workshop procedures and activities. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring and testing equipment. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.