Job description / Role
Job Title: Technologist - EP/ EMG
The Technologist - EP/ EMG performs routine and portable evoked potential, nerve conduction and electromyographic exams on pediatric inpatients and outpatients. This includes documenting patient histories, proper electrode application, identifying and resolving artifact in the recording, correctly identifying responses and placing cursors for measurement, and preparing preliminary reports. She/he integrates evidence based medicine into their methods, participates in continuing education and assists in clinical research projects. The Technologist - EP/ EMG conducts their recordings according to best practices and policy while being sensitive to the demands of working in a pediatric environment.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Responsible for obtaining artifact-free Neurodiagnostic studies
- Performs varied and complex Neurodiagnostic tests according to physician orders.
- Uses skilled interactions with pediatric and neonatal in- and outpatients.
- Utilizes evidence-based standards and solutions in performing patient care and applies problem solving techniques.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory.
- Considers safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in planning patient care.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care.
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice.
- Assists in relevant clinical research projects
- Utilizes patient care processes and clinical information systems to ensure standardized patient care.
- Maintains technical skills, certification and collaborates with clinical educators for continuing education.
- Participates in Sidra commissioning activities as required.
- Follows all organizational policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Excellent, tax-free remuneration and benefits The salary and benefits on offer at our client hospital are very generous and are free from any income tax in Qatar.
- Healthcare and dental insurance.
- Company provided accommodation or Housing Allowance.
- Company provided transport or transportation allowance.
- Paid private school education for children.
- Other financial rewards (e.g. performance bonuses, end-of service gratuity).
- Generous paid vacation time and public holidays.
- Annual airfare allowance.
- Mobilization and repatriation airfares.
- Continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in an Applied Science
- 2+ Years Relevant Experience in a North American Academic Institution or equivalent in
- Evidence of ongoing continuing education post qualification in EMG
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.