Job description / Role
Job Title: Technologist II - Pediatric Polysomnographer
Department: Medical Services
The Technologist II - Pediatric Polysomnographer performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing, analysis, and associated interventions on neonate to adolescent patients under the general supervision of the Pediatric Sleep Disorder Center Manager and the Medical Director (MD).
The Technologist II performs Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities of both inpatient and outpatient Sleep testing while ensuring compliance with AASM and Qatar National Standards. The Technologist II leads the development of protocols and policies related to medical devices, as well as trains and orients staff in approved use and utilization of the devices.
The Technologist II is an advanced practitioner in Pediatric Polysomnography and is responsible for the performance of complex procedures and studies.
- Contributes to the delivery of departmental goals, through personal effort in own work area
- Makes recommendations to the Manager - Pediatric Pulmonary Function Lab regarding improvements in processes that impact the center operations and positively affect the results of the department
- Performs Polysomnography studies, both overnight and daytime, on patients of all ages from neonates to adults in accordance with scientific best practice standards
- Presents data to ensure operational effectiveness and performance
- Maintains the highest levels of compliance and excellence in client services
- Performs therapeutic titration of non-invasive, bi-level or CPAP devices and/ or supplemental oxygen
- Performs advanced polysomnography data analysis, scoring and produces relevant reports.
- Performs professional interventions to critical clinical events during monitoring per protocol.
- Participates as required in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of Sleep center staff
- Assists in the provision of technical leadership and direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement activities of the sleep center in line with standards as set out by the American Academy of Sleep medicine (AASM), European Sleep Research Society (ESRS), and Qatar National Standards.
- Evaluates patient care processes and clinical information systems to ensure standardized assessment, diagnosis, outcomes, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Establishes and maintains professional working relationships and solicits input from physicians and other healthcare personnel to ensure optimal patient care.
- Participates and provides input for staff evaluations for junior & new staff prior to completion of probationary period and ongoing.
- Under the direction of the Manager - Pediatric Pulmonary Function Lab ensures adherence to the AASM, ESRS, and Qatar National Standards to ensure a safe, professional, and Evidence Based clinical service for patients, staff and visitors.
- Assists in ensuring regular Utilization Review of patient billing and consumption of departmental consumables.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships and solicits input from all participating healthcare stakeholders to ensure optimal patient care.
- Leads the development of protocols and policies related to medical devices and efficient use of the same.
- Trains staff and assists in orientation on effective utilization of medical devices.
- Participates in clinical and didactic teaching, training, raising public awareness, and facilitating patient support groups related to sleep disorders where required.
- Participates in commissioning activities as required and fosters good public relations for Sidra.
- Integrates ethical considerations and processes in all areas of planning, service activation, and operations.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra's Values
Excellent, tax-free remuneration and benefits The salary and benefits on offer at our client hospital are very generous and are free from any income tax in Qatar.
- Healthcare and dental insurance.
- Company provided accommodation or Housing Allowance.
- Company provided transport or transportation allowance.
- Paid private school education for children.
- Other financial rewards (e.g. performance bonuses, end-of service gratuity).
- Generous paid vacation time and public holidays.
- Annual airfare allowance.
- Mobilization and repatriation airfares.
- Continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in a Healthcare field.
- 5+ years recent experience demonstrating technical expertise in the Pediatric Polysomnography in a sleep center.
- Demonstrated competence with Quality Assurance Programs of sleep centers.
- Experience with clinical Information systems as an end user.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.