Job description / Role
Job Title: Technologist II - Pulmonary Function
Department: Medical Services
The Technologist II - Pulmonary Function is responsible for competently providing safe and effective diagnostic testing and therapeutic care to the Pediatric population within the Sidra medical and Research Centre under the medical direction of a Board Certified Pulmonologist and under the administrative direction of the Manager of the PFT Laboratory. The PFT Technologist II is an advanced practice role that is responsible for performing special procedures that required advanced knowledge and experience as well as providing education and assistance for junior positions.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Assessment of suitability of patient for performing specific diagnostic tests per protocol.
- Performance of the full range of standard and advanced diagnostic tests within the Scope of Service of the Pulmonary Function Laboratory as defined by the Manager of the Pulmonary function Laboratory.
- Provides mentorship and acts as a preceptor to new employees and junior staff in the performance of diagnostic tests.
- Effective involvement and participation in the PFT Quality Program.
- Effective involvement and participation in research protocols as required.
- Undertakes Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis, and Respiratory related disease education.
- Undertakes pulmonary education sessions for various clinics and departments as required.
- Documents all relevant information correctly, appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory to Manager, QA Coordinator or designee.
- Act as an advocate by empowering women/ children and their families to make informed choices by providing them with information and support and directing to the relevant support services when appropriate.
- Promotes patient satisfaction as a team member by demonstration of extraordinary service.
- Utilizing a professional practice framework and evidence based care, identifies improvements while minimizing risks creating care that is optimal for our patients and families.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk.
- Complies with policies for personal and patient safety and for the prevention of healthcare associated infections.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings; maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of staff, equipment and materials.
- Participates in Performance Improvement (LEAN/ Six Sigma) activities that contribute to excellence in outcomes, a positive patient experience and a healthy professional environment.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction.
- Contributes to special projects/ assignments linked to strategic priorities and professional practice model.
- Liaises and works within an inter-professional practice model to ensure high quality, holistic, and safe family centered care.
- Participates in the development programs that seek to measure outcomes and quality, including audit and research studies.
- Develops and sustains professional knowledge base, clinical skills and professional license and maintains a professional profile. Provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Demonstrates transcultural principles in professional practice.
- Participates in the promotion and maintenance of effective communication and teamwork. Interacts with colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times.
- Upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures and assists in their updating and improvement.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients and staff at all times.
- Adheres to Sidra's standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra's Values
Excellent, tax-free remuneration and benefits The salary and benefits on offer at our client hospital are very generous and are free from any income tax in Qatar.
- Healthcare and dental insurance.
- Company provided accommodation or Housing Allowance.
- Company provided transport or transportation allowance.
- Paid private school education for children.
- Other financial rewards (e.g. performance bonuses, end-of service gratuity).
- Generous paid vacation time and public holidays.
- Annual airfare allowance.
- Mobilization and repatriation airfares.
- Continuing professional development.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare related field
- 5+ years Technical expertise in the role of a Pediatric PFT
- Demonstrated competence with Quality Assurance Programs of PFT Laboratories.
- Experience with clinical Information systems as an end user.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.