Job description / Role
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Reports directly to the Switchboard Supervisor.
- Interacts and cooperates with other Front Office employees as appropriate.
- Interacts and cooperates with other hotel departments as appropriate as respecting the hierarchy.
- Answers all calls within 3 rings, using the guest surname at least three times throughout conversation.
- Inputs all guest, Engineering, Housekeeping, etc. requests promptly and accurately into the requests follow up logbook.
- Monitors all calls that are on queue and answers appropriately.
- Coordinates and assigns by dispatching work orders to the appropriate department and staff ensuring the assigned work orders are completed in accepted standard time and by priority.
- Notifies guest or internal staff of any delays in performing work orders in accepted standard time and call back guests to ensure guests satisfaction with in accepted time frame.
- Continually checks on the pending requests that have not been completed.
- Handles all guests wake-up calls efficiently as per standards.
- Handles guest messages - written and or voice mail and send faxes out regarding out regarding guest inquiries and requests.
- Logs all complaints into the log sheet and guest history for future reference, tracks trends in service deficiencies and reports them to senior management.
- He has complete knowledge of occupancy, arrivals, and departures.
- Know how to handle Housekeeping request and deliveries.
- Know the basic about what guests might request regarding Engineering requirements.
- Handles guest calls for the pick-up and delivery of laundry, pressing and dry-cleaning.
- Updates all white boards with current information about the hotel and its activities and has complete knowledge of all in-house groups and banquet events current and future.
- Is knowledgeable about the IT most frequently asked questions' answers.
- Is knowledgeable about basic Concierge requests and information.
- Is knowledgeable about the software including but not limited to, Property Management System (Opera), Avaya, FCS, electronic devices, etc.
- Knows restaurants operating hours and specials / promotions within the operation.
- Knows how to handle guests' complaints and reports / logs them for senior management.
- Completes the beginning and ending shift duties that include turnover shift report, outstanding jobs not completed and any other daily, weekly and monthly reports required by senior management.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- After completion of all relevant hotel training programs and upon receipt of the hotel (departmental) handout, you must adhere to and be completely conversant with:
- Hotel firs and Evacuation Procedure
- Hotel Security Procedures
- Hotel Health and Safety Policy and Procedure
- Hotel Facilities and attraction
- Hotel operational standards and departmental procedures.
- All sections contained within the Hotel Handbook.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Telephone Operator.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.