Job description / Role
Responsible for day-to-day project management success of all tenant project phases including, but not limited to, planning and design schematics, construction documentation, tenant permitting procedures and tracking, construction administration and providing the final sign off / completion certificate.
• Chair kick-off meetings with tenants, architects, & designers for site mobilization logistics.
• Screen, assess and approve potential Fit-out contractors, MEP contractors and Designers of the tenant.
• Coordinate and arrange final design approval from Clients, Architects, Designers and MEP Engineers.
• Approve designs and programs, when applicable.
• Liaise with all statutory authorities and base-build contractor for logistics, deliveries, crane lifts of AHU to roof level, construction progress to units for handover.
• Establish health & safety measures including method statements and risk assessments to fit-out contractors.
• Represent North Gate Mall interests while dealing with the tenant, tenant contractors and inspection officials during all phases of design and construction to ensure the Mall's design and construction criteria are implemented as intended.
• Responsible for ensuring the required insurance policies and associated documents are in place by tenants and necessary copies obtained before fit out commences.
• Mitigate missing deadlines by identifying potential tenancy variation requests and collaborate with consultants to identify scope for all tenant variation works and obtain cost estimates from the cost consultants.
• Provide direction to tenant, tenant's architect, engineer and tenant's contractors, including design, project management, scheduling and coordination if necessary, and assist in resolving potential discrepancies.
• Responsible for monitoring the design submission and review process and collaborate with design manager when required to ensure design finalization delays will not have an impact on the deadline.
• Understand Office and mall systems, existing and proposed, and how tenant will tie into them, including utilities,data transmission, etc.
• Track and implement scheduling for tenant permit submissions to the local governing agencies; Civil Defense,Ministry of Municipality and Environment and Ministry of Health, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring awareness of all aspects of the project especially on issues that pertain to tenant's design and construction - base building drawings, construction schedule, etc.
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of tenant's construction against key fit out target dates and/or other dates as agreed and promote methods to expedite tenant's construction process.
• Understand lease documentation and the tenant’s associated responsibilities as it relates to the fit out and initial opening.
• Implement and manage necessary procedures via the retail & office delivery team to achieve tenant compliance against the same.
• Work with Leasing to support design solutions and tenancy programs.
• Ensure business driven solutions and minimization of downtime in the income stream.
• Liaise with Management to coordinate works and costs.
• Seek authorization when required.
• Assist in billing tenants for works and other costs
• Seek to reduce on site period.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Degree in Architectural, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
• Project Management experience.
• Minimum 10 Years Retail & Office Delivery experience
• Experience in Retail & Office Delivery Management is a must
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent command of English language
• Ability to work under pressure
• Time management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Effective Team Management
• Efficient & Highly Organized
About the Company
Equinox was founded by Sheikh Hassan Bin Sultan Al Thani in 1993 who holds the position of the CEO until today, overseeing the company's strategic direction and development. Originally established with the primary focus of fulfilling opportunities in the burgeoning Qatar real estate market, the company's business streams have multiplied as diversification within the company's portfolio kept pace with the increasing opportunities in the region. Today Equinox has grown to include activities within real estate development and investment, retail, business to business (B2B) as well as local partnership and representation.
The real estate portfolio includes shopping malls, residential compounds, commercial and industrial developments. The retail section covers the major categories such as fashion, home interiors, beauty, accessories, jewellery and toys. B2B section includes contracting, project work and product distribution. As for the local partnership and representation section, it entails alignments with world leading logistics organisations. Spanning Asia, Europe, Scandinavia and America, Equinox portfolio of brands and business partners is truly global.