Job description / Role
Responsible for day-to-day project management success of all tenant project phases including, but not limited to, planning and design schematics, construction documentation, tenant permitting procedures and tracking, construction administration and providing the final sign off / completion certificate (against documentation submitted and previously approved) from management to tenants which will allow them to open for trade.
• Deliver an 85% or better tenant opening ratio come the mall opening date.
• Interview and assess potential Fit-out contractors, MEP contractors and Designers.
• Work with design teams to create solutions for final design approval from Clients, Architects, Designers and MEP Engineers.
• Chair kick-off meetings with tenants, architects, & designers for site mobilization logistics.
• Liaise with the base-build contractor and all statutory authorities.
• Approve designs and programs when applicable.
• Liaise with base-build contractor for logistics, deliveries, crane lifts of AHU to roof level, construction progress to units for handover to RDD.
• Introduce health & safety measures including method statements and risk assessments to fit-out contractors.
• Represent owner’s interests between the tenant, tenant contractors and inspection officials during all phases of design and construction to ensure the Mall's design and construction criteria are implemented as intended.
• Responsible for ensuring the required insurance policies and associated documents are in place by tenants and necessary copies obtained before fit out commences.
• Mitigate the missing trade date risks by identifying potential Tenancy Variation Requests and collaborate with consultants to identify scope for all tenant variation works and obtain cost estimates from the cost consultants.
• Provide direction to tenant, tenant's architect and engineer and tenant's contractors, including design, project management, scheduling and coordination if necessary, and assist in resolving potential discrepancies.
• Responsible for monitoring the design submission and review process and collaborate with design manager when required to ensure design finalization delays will not have an impact on the trade date.
• Understand mall systems, existing and proposed, and how tenant will tie into them, including utilities, data transmission, etc.
• Track and implement scheduling for tenant permit submissions to the local governing agencies - Civil Defense, Ministry of Health, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring awareness of all aspects of the mall especially on issues that pertain to tenant's design and construction - base building drawings, construction schedule, etc.
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of tenant's construction against Key Fit out Target dates and/or other dates as agreed and promote methods to expedite tenant's construction process.
• Understand lease documentation and the tenants associated responsibilities as it relates to the fit out and initial opening and implement and manage necessary procedures via the tenant delivery team to achieve tenant compliance against the same.
• Work with Leasing to support design solutions and tenancy programs
• Degree in Project Management and/or associated qualification and experience
• 15 Years Retail Delivery experience
• Experience in main domain is a must
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent command of English language
• Ability to work under pressure
• Highly organized personality
• Time management skills
• Outstanding negotiation skills
About the Company
A leading real estate company in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Retail Operations Manager
Equinox Global Investments
Operations Director - Facility Management
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Equinox Global Investments