Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Testing & Commissioning Manager- Communications to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Develop project specific plans and procedures in relation to pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and performance testing of facilities, plans, procedures, HSSE procedures to ensure the safety of personnel during pre-commissioning and commissioning.
• Develop the strategies for the commissioning activities.
• Develop the individual project commissioning plans and procedures from Contractors in addition to Witness key tests for signaling, Communication & AFC systems and ensures they are performing within design parameters.
• Review and oversee the construction supervision consultants to ensure required testing and commissioning forms are updated as required and filled properly.
• Work closely with the Construction Director, Contractors, vendors and suppliers in resolution of technical problems and to ensure that identified deficiencies are repaired and update as to actual site conditions.
• Responsible for following up on testing and commissioning instructions and commitments associated with the project.
• Manages routine testing and commissioning meetings and monitors subordinate workloads to maximize performance.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Manage the design brief, coordination of installation works, testing, commissioning on site
• Implement company's business management system including QA and HSE systems
Desired Experience & Skills:
• 15+ years of experience in Testing and commissioning activities with a large Metro project
• Good written and verbal communication.
• Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
• Ability to work well within and lead the T&C team.
• Experience in Microsoft applications
• Experience in GCC and knowledge of Arabic language will be an added advantage.
• Bachelors in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Chartered engineer from recognized professional body.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.