Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
As a Testing & Commissioning Specialist, you will be reporting to the Testing & Commissioning Manager on a multimillion dollar metro project in Doha, Qatar. Your duties and responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Coordinate PMCS site activities, including Interface Tests with Civil Contractors, and the liaison between the Site Leaders appointed by MSI Contractor and PMCS involved resources.
• Monitor and control the availability of test reports produced by the MSI Contractor and to track test results and status of handover readiness by mean of the dedicated tools and/or database. Attend, supervise and control the Testing & Commissioning activities to be carried out by MSI Contractor during the 1st Phase of Doha Metro Project.
• Report to the T&C Manager in a timely manner whenever required
• Interface with the other PMCS parties involved in the T&C process for the program management (documents, planning, resources management and assignment, etc.) of the site activities;
• Manage regular reporting meetings;
• Track, follow-up and review of T&C documentation produced by MSI Contractor, with special emphasis for the Test Reports;
• Supervise and control the programme of test activities, under MSI Contractor responsibility;
• Supervise and control of the status and progress of the test activities and of the related documents, by mean of the dedicated tools and database set up by the contractor;
• Coordinate on site of PMCS personnel appointed to witness the tests;
• Coordinate on site preparation and execution of the Interface Tests together with PMCS-Civil and Civil Contractors;
• Coordinate with the Test Area Management organisation, under MSI Contractor responsibility, to ensure safe access to the site for all people from PMCS and QR involved in the tests. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Coordinate on site a team appointed to the attendance, supervision and control of the Testing & Commissioning activities to be carried out by MSI Contractor during the 1st Phase of Doha Metro Project and to the acceptance of the relevant documentation.
• Ensure effective implementation and execution of the PMCS QMS.
• Coordinates interfaces test activities between different technologies of MSI Contractor
• Participate in the integration activities between the Civil(s) and MSI Contractors
• Participate together with other appointed PMCS disciplines to the process of certification from external authorities (e.g. QCD).
BSc, BEng, BA or Equivalent
• Sense of organization;
• Accustomed to site work;
• Experience of commissioning and integration procedures;
• Experience in technical coordination on site;
• Has total experience of more than 10 years
• Has railway experience of at least 5 years
• Experience in site integration with other systems.
• Demonstrate good experience in a similar role on a comparable international transit system
• Deep knowledge of T&C and acceptance processes;
• Good knowledge of metro and railways systems;
• Interdisciplinary skill;
• Accustomed to work in international / multi-cultural environment
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.