Job description / Role
About the Role:
A typical week would include:
* Review and prepare traffic studies to identify solutions to traffic congestions.
* Specify and supervise classified traffic survey to better identify traffic problems.
* Analyze and update traffic data required to develop optimum solutions to traffic congestion.
* Review and assess traffic growth rates of previous studies.
* Conduct traffic study in order to improve adequacy and functions of signs, signals, road marking etc.
* Be responsible to identify design stage traffic characteristics, composition and loading of traffic.
* Conduct parking supply and demand study for selected area when requested by client.
* Review the road specification and make recommendation. Develop conceptual traffic maintenance plans.
* Review Contractor's Maintenance and Management of Traffic plans during construction.
* Regularly inspect traffic management and maintenance measures implemented by the contractor.
* Advise team members and client on traffic and road technical issues.
* Prepare reports and make presentations as and when needed.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree in Civil/Traffic.
* Minimum 14 years' post grad experience.
* At least 7 years in a similar role dealing with Traffic & Transportation aspects of major projects.
* MMUP registered or at least have everything in place to register ASAP.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.