Job description / Role
Working out of our Doha Qatar location, this Traffic Engineer/Transport Planner will have the opportunity to work with a talented and collaborative team working on innovative projects with an emphasis on Freight Planning. As the successful candidate, your background in transportation planning or engineering will be applied to master plans and functional designs with a freight planning focus. You will lead a core team delivering transportation engineering projects for municipal.
- Lead and support the team of planning and engineering professionals in our Doha office
- Assist and guide technicians/technologists in GIS and CADD
- Coordinate and assist with the technical delivery of a wide variety of master planning and functional design
- Carry out project management responsibilities including client communications / coordination, work plan preparation and execution, and technical input and oversight in a politicized work environment
- Review deliverables for quality control
- Coordinate project approvals with municipalities, ministries, and other agencies
- Prepare and carry-out public consultation programs associated with projects
- Conduct on-going project management/tracking to ensure timeliness of deliverables, adherence to project budgets, and utilization of resources
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Transportation Planning or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of transportation planning & traffic engineering experience preferably with 2 or more years on freight planning
- Experience of working within the Middle East is highly advantageous and preferably covering projects in Qatar.
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop transportation plans and interpret the results, identifying alternatives.
- Expert professional knowledge of urban freight planning including national and regional freight planning requirements and multimodal network developments.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in written formats technical information pertaining to transportation planning studies, projects and analyses.
- Visum transport modelling skills would be an advantage.
About the Company
Gannett Fleming is a global infrastructure firm that provides planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse range of markets and disciplines. With 2,000 highly qualified individuals across a global network of 60 offices, we are united in our passion to deliver excellence. We have played a part in shaping infrastructure and improving communities in more than 65 countries, specializing in transportation, environmental, water, energy, and facility-related projects.
Founded in 1915, we embrace sustainability and innovation in our projects and internal activities, achieving results while being responsible stewards of our environment. Our culture of service, ingenuity, and responsiveness empowers us to fulfill our key mission: make our clients successful.
Gannett Fleming is consistently ranked in the top 10 percent on Engineering News-Records Top 500 Design Firms list.