Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Diligence professional, you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Diligence network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions to clients, helping them to meet their strategic goals.
Our core work is due diligence, assessing a target company's finances and business projections, identifying opportunities, risks, sensitivities and potential mitigations, and reporting on these to our clients, their banks, investors and other parties.
- You will analyse the financial and operational results of companies targeted for sale by reviewing financial information and participating in interviews with management.
- You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- You'll also help to create a positive learning culture for other team members and support their development.
- And as part of your role in the wider team, you'll have a role to play in other team initiatives - for example, account management and recruitment.
Your key responsibilities
- As a manager within the Transaction Support team, you will manage the project teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within transaction support and other departments in EY.
You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- You will plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client.
- You will understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
- You will play a key role in business plan initiatives (e.g. key accounts, recruitment, and client service framework).
- You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback
Skills and attributes for success
- Individuals with strong analytical skills will flourish in this environment, as you will regularly assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring and prepare analyses of financial information to assess trends and fluctuations.
- Good communication skills will also be a key attribute for success within this role as you will be required to assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Transaction Support or due diligence
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualified
- Ability to analyse financial and non-financial information to formulate views and conclusions.
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you will also have
- Transactions/auditing experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership : We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture : You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region