Job description / Role
- Responsible for the translation of various documents and letters primarily from English to Arabic or vice versa against the Programme or Project(s) as required.
- Act as an interpreter in meetings. if required.
- Interpret written or spoken material into one or more other languages, ensures meaning and context are maintained, create glossaries or term dictionaries, and possess knowledge of multiple languages.
- Establish and maintain the Project Translation Register.
- Reads or listens to material in one language, ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and converts it into a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning.
- Translates online, video, and television media by providing subtitles.
- Consults with subject matter experts and other colleagues to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately.
- Refers to online translation tools for additional assistance with translation.
- Follows up with clients to ensure satisfaction and understanding.
- Uses highly specialized translation software to encourage efficiency and consistency.
- Adheres to industry quality standards established by the Association of Translation Companies to ensure that all completed work follows legal and ethical obligations.
- Translates a variety of documents including literary, legal, research, technical, scientific, educational, and commercial materials.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrable history of working within a large team with multidisciplinary projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to build and maintain excellent working relationships within complex structures, internally and with various project stakeholders.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in translation services with some previous technical experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, Fluency in at Least Two Languages (English & Arabic are a must), Written and Verbal Communication, Understanding of Grammar, Knowledge of Specific Subjects, Interpersonal Communication, Accuracy, Attention to Detail, Software Proficiency, Motivation, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Ability to Work Under Pressure.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of government procedures.
- The Client-side experience
- Ability to type 60 wpm at the minimum.
- Experience working in Qatar and/or the Gulf region.
About the Company
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MAYKS HR Consulting
Legal Translation Coordinator
Logistics Sales Manager
MAYKS HR Consulting