Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for performing translation services of oral/or written communications between English and Arabic language in a variety of settings; and performs other duties as required.
• Provide transliterating services and assists senior translator for various translating activities.
• Translating orally or in writing all documents presented by the department.
• Utilizes equipment such as computers, word, processors, and copy machines; fax machines, type writers, etc.
• Prepare written translations of instructional and educational materials, correspondence, and forms from Arabic to English and vice versa when appropriate for use by the staff, and other individuals.
• Review translated material with senior translator for accuracy of meaning grammar and syntax.
• Answer inquiries, interpret-and explain words and phrases for meaning and appropriateness.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
• Basic knowledge of grammar, Spelling and punctuation.
• Knowledge of methods
• In compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication in the English language.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other employees and the general public.
• Ability to maintain alphabetical, numerical, and subject filling systems.
• Considerable knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Considerable ability to deal courteously with the public, supplying general information and direction in a clear, concise manner.
Qualifications and Experience
• Any Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years' experience in the field of translation activities.
• Hands-on experience in MS Office, Outlook, and software applications.
• CD Bilingual (Arabic and English) communication skill (writing, reading and speaking) is mandatory for this position.
• CD Should be able to work with-the minimum of guidance.
• Should demonstrate a high degree of drive and initiative.
• Strong presentation skill.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform tasks related to performance of Project Coordinator's roles and responsibilities.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Legal Translator - Arabic Speaker
|Abu Dhabi||4 Nov|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)