Job description / Role
- You will be responsible for the accurate translation and interpretation as well as interpreting in live presentations and meetings.
- Under general supervision, translates documents and other material from English to Arabic and vice versa, and/or translates spoken passages from one language to another during presentation, meetings, seminars, symposia, teleconferences, and/or meetings.
- Expresses either approximate or exact translation, depending upon the nature of the occasion.
- Generic translator or may specialised in a specific subject area.
- Convert concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language
- Read and rewrite technical documents in specified language (either English or Arabic), following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and language mechanics
- Serve as interpreter at seminars, speeches, meetings, teleconferences, and symposia, providing consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages
- Relay the style and tone of the original language
- Listen to complete statements in one language, translates to second, and translates responses from second into first language; expresses either approximate or exact translation, depending on the nature of occasion
- In simultaneous interpreting, Render spoken messages accurately, quickly, and clearly
- Render oral translation of material at time it is being spoken
- Receive briefing or prepares through reading and study on subject to be discussed prior to interpreting session
- Apply their cultural knowledge to render an accurate and meaningful interpretation or translation of the original message
- Discuss translation requirements with clients
- Read written materials such as legal documents, scientific works, or news reports, and rewrite material into the specified languages
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials
- Refer to reference materials such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks as needed to ensure translation accuracy
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Regular report writing in either languages (English & Arabic)
- Bachelor's degree; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Fluency in relevant Arabic and English languages.
- Ability to read and write fluently both languages
- Excellent professional report writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Admin skills
- Foreign language(s) written translation skills.
- Listening skills.
- Technical writing skills.
About the Company
Headquartered in Qatar with a newly established UK office, Al Jassra has rich experience in bringing together Cohesive Facilities Management, Total Security Solutions and soliciting international diversed partnerships in market sectors including:
- Government Agencies
- Palaces and VIP Residences
- Airports & Maritime Facilities
- National Infrastructure
Al Jassra itself specializes in hard services, security services, energy management, commissioning, specialist engineering, facilities management, design and fit out services, as well as turnkey property management and maintenance solutions delivered through its own 100% locally owned service brands.