Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking an immediately available Tunnel MEP Engineer to join them on a significant infrastructure and civil engineering construction project in Qatar on a 10-month contract.
• Helping to determine the standards for design and construction of the tunnel’s mechanical and electrical equipment
• Reviewing the designs and specifications of all mechanical and electrical equipment for the tunnel, and assessing compliance with standards, constructability, and ongoing operations and maintenance issues
• Providing technical support on issues related to tunnel ventilation, air conditioning, and MEP installations, Building Automation and Control Systems
• Reviewing consultants’ work and liaising with other engineering teams where necessary to ensure smooth integration with regards to highways, bridges, storm water, micro-tunnelling, ventilation and underground structures
• Liaising with government clients for standards, testing and commissioning, industry best practices, and documentation requirements
CLIENT STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a reputable university
• At least 10 years of experience in tunnel ventilation under normal and emergency conditions, as well as in the evaluation and execution of relevant simulations
• Excellent technical understanding of MEP systems for tunnels
• Strong history of working on international projects in the Middle East or similar climate for large consultancies or PMCs
• Good knowledge of international design codes and standards
• Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
• Immediate availability – keen to work on a 10-month contract
Interested candidates may apply online.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
MEP Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||17 Dec|
Facilities Supervisor (MEP)
MEP Construction Manager - Rail Project
Alghanem Trading & Contracting
MEP Design Coordinator