Job description / Role
The most impressive landmark to grace the Doha skyline, La Cigale Hotel lives up to its reputation and introduces new levels of comfort to hotel and leisure facilities in the city.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Laundry supervisor, the Uniform Attendant is responsible for ensuring that all staff are issued with clean, pressed, good fitting uniforms at all times, on a clean for dirty exchange program.
- To furnish new colleagues with appropriate style and sets of uniform and keep issue paper up-to-date
- To collect all soiled uniforms - separate into washing and dry cleaning garments; prepare paper for laundry stating quantity / names and departments
- To check accuracy and condition of returned clean uniforms
- To ensure misused uniforms are reported and follow-up is conducted
- To return clean uniforms to colleagues against ticket only
- To check and sort out regularly uniforms. To report necessary throw aways and needed replacements to Supervisor
- To keep records of discarded linen and uniforms
- To keep up-to-date records if all uniforms and issuances
- To have uniforms regularly repaired by seamstress/tailor, where possible
- To pass on checked invoices to Laundry Supervisor
- To ensure opening times in uniform room are observed
- To make sure workplace is orderly kept and surfaces are cleaned daily
- Report any faulty equipment immediately to Supervisor
- To ensure all Health and Safety matters relating to uniforms are observed
Your experience and skills include:
- High School diploma, vocational training and/or 1 year work experience
- Fluency in ***local language*** essential
- Basic understanding of the English language desirable
- Previous experience in luxury hotel housekeeping department desirable
- Warm and caring personality; previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.