Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking an Urban Planning Specialist to collaborate with their Urban Planning Team on a wide variety of urban planning initiatives within Qatar.
• Providing urban planning and development expertise, including data collection, analysis, conceptual and detailed plan preparations
• Contributing to the development of comprehensive understanding of all regulations within your agreed precincts
• Ensuring that the regulations are applied correctly to building applications
• Reviewing and evaluating environmental impact reports applying to specified projects
• Leading and preparing proposals, expressions of interest, and execution of projects relating to Building Permits and wider Property Management
• Liaising with the investor’s consultants and architects in order to provide guidance and advice regarding building applications
• Evaluating and advising on whether to pursue building applications and other related project opportunities
• Coordinating with local authorities, architects, designers, and land planning specialists to devise arrangements of land, new building projects, and physical facilities for residential, commercial, industrial, recreational, and community uses
• Preparing reports on measures affecting land use, public utilities, community facilities, housing and transportation to control and guide the community development
• Degree qualification in Urban Planning, Architecture, or Urban Design
• Over 4 years’ experience in an urban planning environment, ideally within a city management or real estate organisation
• Working knowledge of city ordinances, rules and regulations, regarding land use, zoning, and applicable building permit procedures and policies
• Fluency in Arabic and English is essential, along with excellent communication skills
• Very strong teamwork skills, with the ability to operate across a wide range of field and office conditions
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Planning Engineer - Roads & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
Associate Urban Planner
KEO International Consultants