Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Utilities Inspector is assigned to various phases of the supervision of drainage and all other wet and dry utilities works and other utilities with an important part in assuring the quality of work in the finished project.
• Ensure compliance of the work with the drawings and specifications.
• He shall be familiar with the plans, specifications, and construction methods for the phases of the work to which he has been assigned.
• Ensure that the work is done in the highest standards of Safety and quality.
• Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications and ensure safety measures have been provided at all times and prior to start of any site activity.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day as directed by ARE and RE.
• Interface with the public and stake holders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts and discuss any concerns with the supervisor.
• Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman and engineer in charge of the work and the Q.A. /Q.C. on a daily basis as per approved program of works and to advise on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the Materials Inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the approved plans and specifications.
• Report questionable methods of operation against the approved method statement / ITP by the Contractor to the ARE or the Resident Engineer.
• Report to the Assistant Resident Engineer / Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
• Process the Inspection Requests promptly and maintain records of their status and keep records of the executed works.
• Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor in case the work is performed on a Day Works basis.
• Act in a professional and ethical way but firm in dealings with the Contractor.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with minimum seven (7) years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and major infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region with reputable firms.
• Familiarity with utilities, drainage and electro-mechanical works.
• He must possess the ability to read working drawings and related specifications, and capable of enforcing such specifications.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the project team.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.