Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Utilities Inspector to join our ongoing Transportation & Infrastructure project in Qatar.
• Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Coordinate with the contractor’s in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the other disciplines inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report to the ARE or RE any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specification
• Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent with minimum 10 years of demonstrable experience in all aspects of road, highway construction supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in drainage.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can! As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions. Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Structural Inspector (High Rise Building)
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
QA Engineer (Construction Assurance Engineer)