Job description / Role
Support is more than a “motto” here. It's the way we function!
In our organization, everyone gives and gets the kind of support that inspires us to perform at our best. When you’re recognized and rewarded for jobs well done… you can open up and look forward to growth and opportunity. We foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, where all people are respected for who they are, appreciated for their skills, and offered access to opportunity. Success is a team effort.
• Conducts inspections to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications.
• Demolition of transportation facilities (roads, streets, bridges etc.)
• Construction of roads, bridges, and other associated improvements (curb and gutter, street, sidewalk, landscaping)
• Drainage work, traffic control, compliance with SWPPP requirements.
• Installation of electrical equipment related to traffic signals, ramp metering and street lighting.
• Irrigation and planting, roadway and overhead sign removal and installation.
• Installation on temporary and permanent signs and delineation.
• Installation of mechanical equipment.
• Building and facility construction and associated site development.
• Taking project photographs on a daily basis and filing them.
• Maintains office files related to the project, quantity calculations and writes daily diaries.
• Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by the contract.
• Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
• Performs labor compliance interviews and maintains as-built plans.
• Recognizes potential conflicts, issues and problems, and reports to supervisor with proposed solution.
• Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
• Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
• Minimum 10 years of demonstrable experience of supervision of civil construction projects of which not less than 5 years shall be in works related to similar large-scale utilities supervision projects.
• The candidates must have a background in the supervision and monitoring of site activities such as deep excavation, manhole construction, pipe-jacking, machinery setup, temporary works, dewatering, pavement/road works, utilities diversion/interface etc.
• Must have good command of English both written and spoken.
• Computer skills are mandatory.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy
Civil Site Inspector
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Construction Manager - Site Supervision
SAS Global Consultants
Construction Inspector - Drainage
Civil Inspector - Drainage Network