Job description / Role
• The Value Engineering Specialist is responsible for developing estimates as required by the planning department and client and identifies the most optimum design solutions to be applied for various areas of the program.
• During construction, the Value Engineering Specialist is responsible to study the construction methodology, logistics, procurement strategy and provide support to identify areas of savings or efficiency improvement for the whole life cycle of the project.
• Lead the Quantity Surveyors in developing the subject estimates.
• Participates in value engineering exercises during the design phase and construction phase of the program and will coordinate value engineering requirements with designated leads.
• Provide value engineering activities and evaluations during design and construction phases.
• Review procurement strategies and provide expert opinion on optimum methodologies that can serve the Client.
• Provide constructability reviews and provide feedback based on time and cost impact.
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis as part of his evaluation.
• Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff.
• Monitors discipline construction schedules and assists in progress appraisal.
• Provides schedule and progress appraisal data to the Area Engineer or Construction Manager.
• Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline.
• May assist field superintendents and construction management in portions of larger, more complex activities as directed.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 15 years of construction related work experience in roads infrastructure projects.
• Candidate should be Chartered.
• Requires a working knowledge of engineering and construction-related processes, as well as familiarity with industry practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a familiarity with estimating and planning software and CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering and construction.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.