Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Valve Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Valve Section
JOB TYPE: Permanent / Fulltime / Contract
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To assume the responsibility to manage and develop the staff for the day to day operations of the valve section so that an effective and efficient service is provided to all our clients and partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review the overhaul, repair and test of products in accordance with approved repair procedures and determine required process and lead time to complete in accordance with the works order.
• Ensure that the customer is promptly informed and updated on all findings during repair or overhaul.
• Ensure that all work is agreed and authorised by the customer prior to any work
• Manage workloads and prioritise resources to ensure that all work is completed on time.
• Ensure that all work is completed to company standards and clients expectation.
• Ensure all technical/inspection reports are completed/filed in accordance with approved company standards.
• Coordinate the supply and flow of all workshop consumables, materials, replacement parts and components
• Maintain a high standard of personnel / workshop / equipment / machines and tooling cleanliness.
• Continuous improvement and compliance with all QHSE policies, practices and procedures.
• Assist in the selection, induction, training, performance management and personnel development of staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Time served in a mechanical / engineering discipline ideally with a Degree / Diploma or equivalent. Forklift certification preferred.Must have a proven track record in supervising and running a fast paced valve workshop and the ability to use a wide range of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic tools. A minimum of 10 years experience with 5 years workshop supervisory experience within an internationally recognised service organisation. Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office applications.
Excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible can do attitude and approach to work. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have a full working knowledge of a wide range of workshop procedures and activities. Attentive to detail and have a full understanding of ISO standards and the ability to compile, read and understand process/procedure documents and technical drawings. Must be familiar in the use of an extensive range of precision measuring and testing equipment. Demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi functional environment. Must have a flexible approach to working hours and location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Supervisor - Store
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Mechanical & Jet Fuel Engineer - Airport Construction
A Leading Company In Bahrain
|Abu Dhabi||31 May|