Job description / Role
We are looking for Commercial Vehicle Assemblers to join an established and expanding industry leader in specialised Public & Private transportation solutions.
The role includes working on new light and Heavy commercial vehicles and candidates should have experience in all aspects of vehicle assembly/conversion at an SKD (semi knock-down facility).
Duties include preparation work such as trim & component removal, product installation and setup. This will include installing various types of electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment for special purpose vehicles.
It would be beneficial for candidates to have some experience of basic vehicle electrics and basic mechanics or basic vehicle conversion.
Key Roles & Duties
• Carrying out duties as directed and to the customer's specification.
• Inspecting vehicles for condition and compliance prior to commencing work.
• Inspecting materials and parts for condition/suitability to commencing work.
• Ensuring vehicles are fully compliant with required specification.
• Ensure completed work is fully compliant with required specification.
• Carry out associated administration e.g., progressively updating job cards etc.
• Moving vehicles between parking and work areas where required.
• Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in work area.
• Complying with all Health and Safety requirements.
• Complying with all company Quality processes and procedures.
• Taking responsibility for own work and product quality.
• Assisting with training of junior employees (where applicable).
• Carrying out other duties appropriate to the appointment in support of production activities.
• Ideally previous experience in a similar role essential. However, training is available.
• Use of hand tools and other machinery associated with the previous job role.
• Ability to drill, cut, bolt and screw components and parts including steel, aluminum, plastics, GRP, and wood.
• Good communication skills.
• Full driving license and required due to nature of job.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
• Good understanding of Quality processes.
• Full training will be given.
Accommodation will be company provided in addition to the salary.
About the Company
People You Can Count On
Our Mission is to build trust and become the company of choice for restoring talent through simplicity, impartiality, and effective solutions.
Our Vision is to make the process of talent sourcing easy and fun for our client partners.
Our Values is what unites us through a shared passion for professionalism. Our keystone is based on the premise that all business should be operated on a policy of transparency, honesty, and trust with full accountability for individual and collective actions.
We believe in the power of 'people' and their ability to be at the centre of 'who we are' and 'what we do', with collaborative relationships that go beyond a simple client/consultant transaction. It is these relationships that we continuously establish which are testament to our ability to not just perform, but to inspire and work as a genuine business partner.
Our service includes a comprehensive consultation to help identify gaps and opportunities, a comprehensive report that includes a project plan with timelines and milestones, a cost analysis, and a schedule. We also offer a suite of quality products that will help you get there quickly and smoothly. This is how we work to ensure your success!