Job description / Role
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the vehicle maintenance department to include all staff and maintenance facilities over three areas of operation.
- Responsible for general facilities oversight and managing facilities maintenance staff.
- Enforce all company policies, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Provide training and guidance to staff with regards to diagnosis and repair of fleet while adhering to DOT requirements. Responsible for the purchasing, maintenance and disposal of all surplus vehicles and equipment.
- Responsible for all 3 Fleet Maintenance departments to include, but not limited to, all staff, all vehicle maintenance/repair and all maintenance equipment in local area shop(s).
- Comply with all EME and VR company policies, procedures and safety guidelines within the direct areas of responsibility.
- Maintain primary responsibility for the processes related to data entry and integrity into the Dossier asset management system.
- Ensures an efficient and cohesive process of vehicle and equipment repairs, and quality assurance/control procedures are in place and functioning properly.
Manage and supervise staff of fleet mechanics including, but not limited to:
- Hiring and retention of mechanic staff with skills and qualifications appropriate for the level of work to be performed.
- Scheduling of staff to ensure appropriate coverage in coordination with operations departments.
- Provide, develop and review training requirements for mechanics to keep pace with the maintenance requirements of new vehicles, shop tools, and equipment. Establish expectations related to qualifications and certifications.
- Identify, communicate, and measure performance against appropriate measurement of productivity and effectiveness of mechanic staff.
- Responsible for all diagnostic and repair work of all local fleet vehicles to meet state and federal compliance.
- Formulates and manages maintenance and capital budgets to include, but not limited to replacement and/or upgrading of shop equipment and labor for local facility.
- Manages all vehicle damage and coordinates repairs as needed. Assists Health and Safety Manager and insurance representatives to finalize claims.
- Communicates with customers (both internal and external), drivers, vendors and management in a professional and timely manner.
- Contribute to the allocation of base vehicle fleet between all operations centers in collaboration with operations resource manager, other area maintenance manager(s) and Director of Fleet Operations. Includes management of fleet rotation between locations and service priorities to ensure adequate management of mileage accumulations targets
- Responsible for all VR record keeping requirements as it pertains to Vehicle Maintenance in accordance with EME, VR, DOT, COPUC and all other relevant regulatory agencies.
QAR 8,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have vehicle/equipment background
- Ability to supervise skilled/unskilled workers and evaluate their effectiveness
- Must have Valid DL, ASE Certification is strongly preferred, Electronic Fleet Management Software experience preferred
- Must have intermediate computer skills
- English fluency
- Must be able to obtain DOT Physical. OSHA and EPA Regulations experienced preferred.
- Must have exceptional knowledge and understanding of overall vehicle maintenance related skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About the Company
Enjoy the best hiring and speed combined together.
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar
Service Manager - Automotive
TGC Consulting Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||6 Sep|
Head of Maintenance
RTC-1 Employment Services
Supply Chain Management Officer
Sigma Technical Enterprises & Trading Co.
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar