Job description / Role
Our client is a private equity fund based in Qatar which focuses on African investments; they are bullish on the African continent and are looking to hire a Manager (VP Equivalent) who identifies with their belief of potential on the African continent.
Our client is a private equity fund with experienced bulge bracket investment bankers at the helm, who have significant African deal-making experience and have worked in global financial hubs. They place a high degree of importance on numeric ability, initiative, and the willingness & ability to take ownership of work and projects.
The role presents an opportunity to join a PE fund in Qatar which has access to capital and is targeted on the underserviced African continent. It offers the opportunity to further deal-making experience and progress within Private Equity. The VP (Manager) will take primary ownership of deal-making (support / lead origination, lead execution, keenly involved in portfolio management and strategic exit readiness, along with participating in fund-raising for the next fund) and be secondarily involved in managing the Analysts and thereby lead execution, portfolio management and exit readiness.
The ideal candidate will currently be an experienced investment professional - they will have had prior Bulge Bracket Investment Banking experience and would have transitioned to either Private Equity or a Corporate Investments role across Ports/ Airports Infrastructure in recent years. Qualitatively, they will align with their belief and passion for African markets, and will be enthusiastic about a progressive career within the firm.
The Manager will:
* Analyse investment opportunities against investment criteria and evaluate key drivers and commercial assumptions
* Lead diligence on financial modelling of structures & returns for investment opportunities
* Lead commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, and assist the team in managing and reviewing the work of third party due diligence (e.g. financial and legal)
* Lead preparation of equity syndication & debt financing materials
* Lead the preparation of the Investment Memorandum for review by the Investment Committee
* Develop business specific knowledge and an understanding of how value is created within a business
* Contribute to the sourcing of new investment opportunities
* Lead the team in structuring and managing exits
Excellent transaction exposure, globally competitive pay, a career
* Will have a total of 7-12 years' of relevant work experience - this will be most recently on the buy-side either in PE or in a Corporate Development role with prior Bulge Bracket Investment Banking experience as a plus
* Will need to have deal experience within the infrastructure sector particularly within transportation (ports/ airports). Said experience will include investments through to exits.
* Experience in PPP/ concessions is required in conjunction with the above
* Will continue to be familiar with financial modelling- DCF, M&A Models, Accretion Dilution Analysis, Comparables Analysis & other forms of valuation along with Waterfall fee structures (implying advanced Excel skills).
* Will have an excellent academic track record from top-tier institutions; will be Degree qualified and preferably have an MBA/ CFA
* Will preferably be a strong communicator in English; French is a plus (due to exposure to French speaking countries)
* Will have excellent communication and presentation skills - an ability to present views clearly and concisely
* Will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Will continue to have a passion to work in Private Equity and motivation to progress with the firm
* Will have commendable work ethic - the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Assistant Vice President of Private Equity
Family Office - Investment Manager
AVP/VP - Real Estate Private Equity
Associate 1, Private Equity (Infrastructure)
BD/Investment & Corporate Strategy Manager
|Ras Al Khaimah||30 Jul|