Job description / Role
Amentum is seeking a Water Systems Technician (WST) for a position located at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar supporting the Air Force. The Water Systems Technician will be responsible for maintaining and repairing water tanks, septic tanks, water lines and septic lines. WST will also conduct all work necessary to perform services such as: connection/disconnection of existing mains and branches; installation of valve stations and valves; maintain, test and repair fire hydrants, repair of all piping conveying water or wastewater, repair/replacement of all systems' components that are not IAW with plumbing codes or are failed/failing/unserviceable. The WST will perform all work All water and sewer utilities infrastructure shall be repaired and maintained IAW international, US, Air Force and PWS criteria and plumbing codes.
The WST will also perform periodic inspections and maintenance on exterior and interior plumbing systems to include pumps, tanks, storm drains, and sewer mains and identify needed repairs through work orders and periodic inspections.
The WST shall be available within 2 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel to discuss problem areas.
- A minimum of three years (3) previous experience at a US Air Force Military Installation with similar mission/project in scope and nature.
- Previous experience working with engineers, engineering technicians, or industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance workers.
- Previous work experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Valid US or local driver's license and US passport.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain CENTOM contract medical requirements for duration of deployment
- Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.